Olay walked me through its connected skin products, and now I’m terrified to age

Olay came to CES to scare conference-goers into taking care of their skin. Well, not exactly, but that’s what happened to me when I tried their “Future You Simulation” app, which already launched in Asia but is coming to the US this year.

I took a selfie on the company’s iPad, entered my age and ethnicity, and then waited as the company aged my photo based on an image database it’s amassed of people ranging in ages up to 80 years old. All humans, regardless of ethnicity, age in certain predictable ways, Olay tells me. Our lips thin out and our faces get rounder, for example, so the app takes those things into account and then considers my current skin conditions and ethnicity.

With all of that data, the future me showed herself. I don’t...

Continue reading…



from The Verge - All Posts http://bit.ly/2GZtBIw

Post Top Ad

Clickadu

INSTAGRAM FEED

@soratemplates